Monday, March 10, 2008

Socks


When I first started knitting I bought a little green and orange book called "Learn How To." In this book it said, if you learn to knit a sock, you can knit anything. It also said that you must take the time to develop a good knitting technique, which means, you learn to wrap the yarn around your finger so you never have to take your hand off the needle. It pains me to watch people knit today. I have no idea why in forth grade I would make sure I learned the proper knitting technique...it certainly wasn't in my nature to learn the proper anything...I struggled with reading, but math and knitting were second nature. Learning to knit efficiently has been one of the most wonderful disciplines I took on.


I only recently realized that I have not been happy with sock selections to wear under trousers at work. I couldn't say under pants, because you might think I meant wearing socks with underpants. Which is fine, but not for work. I found a wonderful sock book, I can't remember the name it, but it is published by the same publisher that publishes "Fiberarts." Anyway, if anyone reads this blog and wants to know the name I can post later. But the socks are perfect for work, dressy, light, beautiful. Here is a sample. Of course I will now have to make my own pattern.


Junknitter has been knitting a lot, finished another sweater which is downstairs on the sweater dryer this particular sweater was knit three times, the third time Junknitter knit straight from the sweater to the needle, too bad Fred never took photos, he just shakes his head in disbelief...stay tuned for photos...have to sew in the zipper. I have been knitting a new pattern of felt slippers I just made up. Stay tuned for that as well, I will happily put the pattern on the blog is anyone is interested. And this lovely little set of socks. Oh yeah, and Junknitter made a beautiful little dinner table for the cabin...will post photos soon.

No comments: