Sunday, June 08, 2008

Run With It

I have this favorite running jacket (picture at the left). The fit is perfect and very flattering so I thought I would copy the measurements and make myself a sweater with the same fit. I had to knit this sweater three times. At one point I simply knit straight from one sweater to the next. Fred didn't take any photos but that is when he started telling me I was a serial knitter. Fred is in Poland this week, so he isn't here to photograph J.K. in the actual sweater. I really like it except for one thing, I wish I had started the neckline later so it was higher up around my neck. Maybe if I remember I will have Fred take a photo when he returns. Love to hear comments if anyone is out there. The back of the sweater is longer than the front.








































3 comments:

Aimee said...

dig those little cables. or are they mock? anyway, muy adorable!

Junknitter said...

No mock on this baby, but J.K. is not opposed to mock cables, they're just different. You, Aimee, I hope are making a cookbook out of your blog! Vegans' Delight. I can't look at your blog on an empty stomach. My mouth starts to water and I have to hit the potato chips! The Ben & Aimee Cafe is amazing.

Anonymous said...

Okay how long did it take you to knit this sooo many times? I only have 3" of a dog sweater done in about two weeks. You are amazing. Emily has joined JK , but she thinks she'll stick with squares lets see how long that last? Oh by the way as simple as you tried to make the instructions for the slippers it still Chinese to me.