Monday, September 05, 2005

Sow's Ear to Silk Purse

This is a little bag I made this summer. Several years ago I purchased a bunch of Cascade worsted weight wool to make an afghan for our cabin, like the one I will show in another post...I am too le tired to make another afghan so I decided to make up a bunch of bags, with dots...I love polka dots, and grids. This is the first of what I hope is many colorful bags. I hate junk floating around in my bag (purse) so I knit a swatch and gently and loosely sewed it into the interior of the bag...it seemed to work...I will refine and refine...I have many ideas. When I started this blog I had no unfinished knitting projects now I have three...more to come soon. Ever yours, Junk Knitter.








Sow's ear...



















Interior pockets pre-felt...


















silk purse...












Interior pockets post felt.

2 comments:

Cheryl said...

Junknitter,
How nice to find out who you are! And what a clever, interesting blog you have. I'll certainly be keeing in touch with you. Thank you so much for the incredibly generous package you sent me.

Jackie said...

This turned out so nicely! I really liike it. You do wonderful work. Hopefully one day, when I've had a bit more practice, I can create something so pretty.